What are Bunions (Hallux Valgus)?
- A bunion forms on the joint as an attempt to protect against pressure from tight footwear
- An formed on the side of the foot. inflamed fluid-filled bursa
- The joint protrudes because the toe is bent away at an angle, pushing into the other toes and causing them to bend unnaturally (as shown in the picture)
How is it formed?
- Bunions can be a genetic but are often caused by defective or ill-fitting footwear.
- Children and teens are more prone to develop bunions as their bones are soft and still developing and can mold to the shape of the footwear worn.
- Socks that are too tight or too small, pointed shoes and high heels which cram the toes into the front of the shoe will cause permanent distortion if maintained.
- Changes the shape of your foot and leads to swelling, pain and tenderness, you will not be able to fit into many foot wear
- Causes arthritis in the joint of the big toe, leading to bone spurs and tissues damages
- The second toe is forced over the big toe leading to:
- Corns and Callouses - with the toes being crammed, as a result of the pressure, Corns and Callouses forms again and again with no end in sight.
- Hammer toes - a deformity of the toe immediately next to the big toe, formed
- Ingrowning Toe nail - Resulted from increased pressure from the big toe on the other toes.
How can the Gel Bunion Protector help you
- Most will be recommended to go for surgical treatments
- However, you can ease your pain and discomfort with non surgical treatments using the bunion protector
- Why Carnation Gel Bunion protector?
- Long lasting, ideal for chronic sufferers
- Contains mineral oil to moisturize and help soften the skin, so you don’t have to worry about dry and itchy skin
- Slim, stays in place and stretchable, you can hide it in your shoe or socks with no problem
- Washable so you don’t have to worry that it smells after long usage
- Inexpensive compared to surgical procedures
- That’s not all – Can also used as a blister guard to prevent ball of foot blisters
Difference Between Bunion Protector and Bunion Pad
The bunion pad functions around relieving pressure to the skin over the enlarged joint by ‘lifting’ the shoe material/hosiery away from the skin surface.
The protector offers cushioning to the skin over the bunion.